Email L. Henry Platt, Jr.
29. "Criminals do not submit to background checks now. [[when purchasing guns]] They will not submit to expanded background checks." [[either]]
28. "President Obama just announced a barrage of new Executive Orders designed to steal your Second Amendment rights!
Twenty-three new massive power grabs. Huge expansion of Washington control. Direct assault on your liberty and your family. Obama is not trying an end-run on the Constitution - it is a direct assault! Obama is doing exactly what he promised to his radical followers like Nancy Pelosi, George Soros and the entire Left. And the liberal media, of course, is conspiring in this outright assault against your Second Amendment freedom.
His sweeping edicts include even further expansion of Obamacare -even requiring your doctor to report whether you own a gun or not. Add in another $4.5 Billion in deficit spending. And you have Obama's dream - a neutered 2nd Amendment and direct control of your life and your family."
27. "Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."
26. "The only people sure of a job are bureaucrats in Washington. They make twice the pay as the private sector."
25. "You get what you pay for. You pay people to be disabled. You get plenty of them."
24. "To learn who rules over you, simply learn whom you are not allowed to criticize."
Note: Statements #22 & #23 are excerpts from a speech from the floor of the Senate in March 2006 by Senator Barack H. Obama. Remember that the Constitution provides in Article I Section 6 that (referring to the members of Congress)
23. "Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. America deserves better."
22. "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt is a sign of leadership failure."
I wish to thank INVESTMENT RARITIES INCORPORATED of Minneapolis, MN for the following Statements #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, & #21.
21. "Capitalism, and capitalism alone, has rescued the human race from degrading poverty, rampant sickness and early death."
20. "We can have a free society or a welfare state. We cannot have both."
19. "Government doesn't work. You work, I work, Federal Express works, Microsoft works, the Salvation Army works, Alcoholics Anonymous works, but government doesn't"
18. "The welfare state has always been judged by its good intentions, rather than its bad results."
17. "Today there are more Marxists on the Harvard faculty than there are in Eastern Europe."
16. "Under Capitalism everybody provides for his own needs by serving others."
15. "The longest journey begins with the first step."
14. "I have done more for the security of Israel than anyone else."
13. The Daily Reckoning Presents The Difference Between OWC and Anti-Vietnam Protests
12. "The 'Golden Rule' is that those who have the gold make the rules about who gets the gold."
11. "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country . . . One is by the sword. The other is by debt."
10. "Taxes are not a punishment, nor are they an instrument of class warfare. They are, as Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. famously put it, the price we pay for a civilized society. And that price needs to go up for everybody, not just for millionaires."
9. "Peace through Strength."
8. "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
7. "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
6. "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
5. "It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principal which if acted on would save one half the wars of the world."
My thanks to Anthony Esposito for providing the Statements #5, #6, #7, & #8 by Thomas Jefferson.
4. "Love doesn't make the world go around - photosynthesis does."
Note: Photosynthesis is the chemical process whereby green plants use sunlight with the catalyst, chlorophyll, to combine water and carbon dioxide to form sugar and oxygen. Without carbon dioxide there would be no life as we know it.
3. "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."
2. "Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and deadly as a hit man."
1. "We don't have a trillion-dollor-debt because we haven't taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar-debt because we spend too much."
© L. Henry Platt, Jr.